Subject: options WSCONS_COMPAT_SYSCONS useful anymore?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/27/2002 00:30:39
Say, is it really worthwhile keeping WSCONS_COMPAT_SYSCONS around?
The only use of this I can find in the 1.6 tree is in
dev/wscons/wsdisplay_compat_usl.c:

#ifdef WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS
            case CONS_GETVERS:
                *(int *)data = 0x200;    /* version 2.0 */
                return (0);
#endif

Really now, does this today need to be surrounded by an ifdef?

Or is syscons still supported? I can imagine the support was dropped
and this one ifdef was left around.

What's the scoop?
--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...