Subject: Re: ucred work
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/24/2002 11:02:15
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 10:43:02PM +1300, Gregory McGarry wrote:
> I merged pcred and ucred and poolified the result.  You
> can find the diffs here:

I'll see how it matches my version of the same change!
Most of it was seriously tedious.

I was actually thinking about removing the limit on the
number of groups.  Using a pool stops this being done though.

OTOH my 'gut' feel is that the pool allocater isn't as
efficient as malloc.  Especially if malloc:
- supported sizes that aren't a power of 2, maybe dynamic
  requests for certain sizes.
- had an interface for fixed sized object where the allocation
  list was pre-determined
- supported multiple allocations of KMA address space
- something to break the recursion for map segments

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk