Subject: Re: Beep events [was: beep on halt]
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gobot.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/2002 03:29:37
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:54:51 +0900
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com> wrote:

> 	sysbeep(...);
> 	delay(...);
>
> would be enough. I don't see a good reason to repeat beep several times
> either.
>
> Jun-Young

A blinking feature instead, for architectures which allow it (eg: sparc,
amiga) could be as useful, provided the box is visible, imho. An amiga has
no builtin speakers (not the ones I had anyways). The code to make it
blink only consists of a few m68k instructions (including timer for
delay). If it's done once the OS is done with everything, there would be
no need for any special kernel feature besides the code itself (timers and
hardware can be freely accessed, although that's of course an MD code
section)...

Matt