Subject: Re: Beep on halt (definitive?)
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/2002 13:15:52
Me too! It's a sloppy network we have, alright. We have 1800 cobalt
servers, which means each rack has to have 2 switches, and each row of
racks have a router at the end for all the switches, just for the
network cabling. To do all of those to have serial as well would have a
cost associated with it I don't think management wants to spring for. Oh
well :)

I do feel a bit for the original patcher of this thread, who thought it
be nice to offer his diffs, told to do something more "proper" then shot
down because it's bloat. Not complaining or putting blame on anyone, it
just puts people off contributing, I know it did for me.

Take care,

Lundy

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)