Subject: Re: Beep events [was: beep on halt]
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/21/2002 09:43:48
On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:10:54 -0400 (EDT)
woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) wrote:

> you still have the hierarchy levels backwards.
>
> these are kernel actions to perform when certain well defined events,
> such as halt or boot, occur.
>
> producing a beep is only one of the possible actions to perform at these
> times

So, changing this means a complete different rethought on how to do this.
As somebody said, it could be nice to implement some kind of event framework
so different actions can be attached/dettached to events easily. But this
requires much work and more code... lets see if I can do that... ;)

> 	kern.onhalt.beep.count = 0

And for names, it may be kern.evt.<event>.<action>.<action_params> (note the
.evt. level which can simplify things in sysctl program, as I see it).

Regards

--
Julio Merino (http://jmmv.dyndns.org/) <jmmv@menta.net>