Subject: Re: Beep on halt (definitive?)
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/20/2002 20:01:28
[ On Sunday, October 20, 2002 at 17:06:52 (-0600), Herb Peyerl wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Beep on halt (definitive?)
>
> You know, you can just stick a console on a machine or buy a serial
> console card... I just don't see any significant value in this
> change.

been there.... done that.... it's still potentially very useful to be
able to get an audio or other kind of notification from the machine when
it has finally reached a quiescent state.  Being able to notify a human
is only one part of this feature -- being able to extend this capability
so that it (also) toggles DTR on a serial port suddenly makes the whole
concept even more interesting.

--
								Greg A. Woods