Subject: Re: uvm_pagefaults in 1.5.3 & 1.6
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20021016T105628@wsrcc.com>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2002 22:56:31
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:02:07AM -0700, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

> gillham@vaultron.com (Andrew Gillham) writes:
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 07:59:23AM -0400, Scott Bartram wrote:
> > > I can also report the exact same symptoms on an AMD 850 in an
> > > ABIT KT7 motherboard using 512MB DIMMS. My system was pretty
> > > stable under 1.5.3 although it wasn't used for much more than
> > > sup, building a few packages, and some light NFS serving.
> >
> > Are all of the people having problems with AMD hardware using the
> > onboard IDE?  I have a KT7-RAID with Althon 1.3 and 1.5GB ram that
> > is very stable.  My drive is connected to the HPT370 not the internal
> > IDE.  The internal channels were used by my CDRW / DVD.  I have never
> > had this uvm_fault issue.
>
> Ditto here.  I see no problems with -current (as of last Sat. morning)
> on this Athlon-1.1Ghz/Asus-a7v.  I don't use the junker promise 66-Mhz
> controller on the card.  It has gotten disk errors and hangs since day
> 1, but the other built in VIA 33-Mhz controller works fine.
>
> I have 3-dimms of 750MB dram, but I set the timing of the CAS-2/2/2
> dimms to CAS-3 just to be conservative.  Multi-hour compiles work just
> fine.

Yet another success/failure report: I had no problem with ASUS A7V +
Athlon 1G, Gigabyte 7ZX + Duron 750/1200, and Soltek 75DRV2 + Athlon 1800.
However, all MSI boards I tested with so far (6330, 6330-2, KT7 Turbo,
and Turbo2) had serious stability problems with AMD processors.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>