Subject: Re: uvm_pagefaults in 1.5.3 & 1.6
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <don+nbsdtk@resun.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2002 06:27:09
ISTR reading, somewhere, that Athlons could have problems with some
types of memory.  The MSI 6378XL uses SDRAM which is PC133.  Reading
the specs on some of the other boards, they seem to want DDR PC2700.

By any chance, are all of you that are reporting successful
configurations using DDR ram, or are some of you having success with
an Athlon 1.53GHZ using PC133 SDRAM?

From Chuck's messages, it seems that there is a random word that is
getting corrupted in various structures in the dumps on 1.6 that
he's checked for me.  Could this be a result of trying to use the
PC133 RAM, instead of DDR PC2700 RAM?  If so, I guess that I'd have
to drop a Duron processor in and see if the problem went away, or
change motherboards and upgrade to the DDR ram.

Comments?
--
  Don Phillips         don@resun.com
  Escondido, Calif.    My opinions are just that, and no more.