Subject: BIOS flash fixes all uvm_pagefaults! (Was: Re: uvm_pagefaults in 1.5.3
To: None <don+nbsdtk@resun.com>
From: Peter. Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/16/2002 19:21:46
Hello all,

I've downloaded the latest flash utility for my BIOS and now I've
pkgsrc-installed Mozilla, Gimp (from scratch, so with gtk etc) and
enlightenment, and I've compiled the kernel 2 times.
BTW: I've got UDMA enabled and I'm still working with the first 1.6 release. (I
haven't upgraded to -CURRENT)

I think this is enough proof that flashing the BIOS does fix the VIA chipset bug
Frank van der Linden mentioned. Thanks Frank!

Even the USB hub works now. (before that, it gave errors about giving up the port)

Greetz,
Peter Bex

        --Donald Knuth