Subject: Re: uvm_pagefaults in 1.5.3 & 1.6
To: Scott Bartram <scott@bartram.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/16/2002 09:29:58
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 07:59:23AM -0400, Scott Bartram wrote:
> I can also report the exact same symptoms on an AMD 850 in an
> ABIT KT7 motherboard using 512MB DIMMS. My system was pretty
> stable under 1.5.3 although it wasn't used for much more than
> sup, building a few packages, and some light NFS serving.

Are all of the people having problems with AMD hardware using the
onboard IDE?  I have a KT7-RAID with Althon 1.3 and 1.5GB ram that
is very stable.  My drive is connected to the HPT370 not the internal
IDE.  The internal channels were used by my CDRW / DVD.  I have never
had this uvm_fault issue.

I've now switched my main system to a Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra with an
Althon XP 1800+ (only 256MB at the moment) that I haven't seen this problem
with either.

Perhaps it is an issue of using cheap memory & the onboard IDE or something
like that.  My 1.5GB was straight from Crucial.

-Andrew