Subject: Re: uvm_pagefaults in 1.5.3 & 1.6
To: None <don+nbsdtk@resun.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/16/2002 03:43:29
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 03:13:03AM -0700, don+nbsdtk@resun.com wrote:

> Peter> I have exactly the same problem. My system is an AMD Athlon 1
> Peter> GHz, with 512 Mb ram and the same amount of swap space.
> Peter> Could it be an AMD-only problem?
>
> Interesting.  I've seen it on both an AMD K6 and the Athlon 1800 (1.53GHz).

on the other hand, I've been running with AMD CPUs for a couple years now
without any problem.  I've had an Athlon 750MHz (with 512MB) and an
Athlon 1.4GHz (with 1.5GB).  so it's definitely not a general problem
with all AMD CPUs.

what motherboards have you guys been using when you've seen this problem?
both my AMD systems have had ASUS motherboards, a K7M and A7A266 respectively.

-Chuck