Subject: Re: Bug: kern/18359
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Kamal Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/11/2002 23:59:51
I had a problem with booting the netbsd kernel on a
dell 2600 laptop because it could not recognize the
pcmcia slot. I fixed it by recompiling the kernel so
that it didn't look at the pcmcia slot during bootup.
But IMHO, if the peripheral is non-critical, the
bootup procedure should not be aborted.[that way we
won't be forced to use the tiny image].
thanks
-kamal