Subject: Re: Flash File system for NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Wojdacki <justin.wojdacki@analog.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/10/2002 19:29:38
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:42:03AM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
>
>  > system to be used on top of it.  It would be ideal to have a flash
>  > file system (perhaps a port of jffs2) as well, but we have not had
>
> Isn't jffs2 GPLd?  If so, then it is out of the question.
>
> --
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>

Depending on who you talk to, it is either GPL'd or ECOS/RedHat
licensed. If you can make sense of the ECOS/RedHat license, more power
to you, but I'm pretty sure neither is acceptable for dropping into
the kernel.

That being said, it's not a complex filesystem to implement (I've
already got a reader written for it), so a BSD-licensed implementation
shouldn't take too long.

Justin Wojdacki
justin.wojdacki@analog.com         (408) 350-5032
Communications Processors Group -- Analog Devices