Subject: Re: cgd and crypt-ccd
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/07/2002 11:23:59
Jorgen Lundman wrote:

>I was pleased to see the announcement on the new "cdg" crypt device for
>NetBSD. I have been doing crypt patches for "ccd" since 1.4.2.
>
>I would guess I can probably stop maintaining the crypt-ccd patches now
>and migrate over the boxes that I, and potentially others, may still be
>running. The latest (1.6) patches are still located at
>http://www.lundman.net/crypt_ccd/
>
>Any objections?

We should have a quick test of what the compatibility between the
devices turns out to be.  From a quick code inspection, it looks
like the blowfish-cbc modes are compatible on LE machines, but we
should test it out.  cgdconfig(8) inputs passphrases and turns them
into keys slightly differently, but we could come up with a document
that describes how to get that to work.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/