Subject: Re: Flash File system for NetBSD
To: None <kyle.unice@L-3com.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/04/2002 10:42:03
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:14:12AM -0600, kyle.unice@L-3com.com wrote:
> There were some rumors that Wasabi Systems was going to release a flash file
> system driver for NetBSD.  I think they were basing it on the JFFS2 file
> system that currently runs on Linux.  Anyone have any information on this?

I still have this on my "to-do" list--waiting for a quiet couple of
days to clean it up and present it to tech-kern...

What we have is code to talk to a few different flash devices and
a driver that optionally does block translation, allowing any file
system to be used on top of it.  It would be ideal to have a flash
file system (perhaps a port of jffs2) as well, but we have not had
an opportunity to look at actually doing that.  I believe that
someone was looking at jffs2, too, but it wasn't Wasabi.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...