Subject: Re: kernel panic in nfs_reclaim (kern/17107)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/01/2002 03:19:21
> This carsh confuses me a little - if filesystem is unmounted,
> shouldn't all vnodes associated with it be gone?  If so, then how
> comes this particular rogue vnode was still around?

It seems likely to me that the problem is that the vnode *isn't* still
around, but a pointer to it is.  Is there code already in place to
optionally have kernel malloc fill data blocks with junk in free()?
It's a little more expensive, but it's usually effective at turning up
use-after-free bugs like what I speculate this is.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign