Subject: remove duplication of device majors list.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: MAEKAWA Masahide <bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/30/2002 11:42:02
Now I have done almost work for new devsw in gehenna-devsw branch.
The changes will be merged into mainline after 1.6 is released.

By this changes, the device majors are listed up in majors.<arch>.
On the other hand, we have another majors list ``MAKEDEV'' in basesrc.
These two files are maintained by hands.

To make reflect reality to MAKEDEV easy,
I wrote one tiny awk script ``devmajors.awk'' which generates
a simple majors list ``MAKEDEV.majors'' and changed MAKEDEV use it.

The samples for i386 are available at:
    http://gehenna.as.wakwak.ne.jp/dev/MAKEDEV
    http://gehenna.as.wakwak.ne.jp/dev/MAKEDEV.majors
    http://gehenna.as.wakwak.ne.jp/dev/devmajors.awk

Any comments/objections/improvements?
Or do you have better idea?

--- MAEKAWA Masahide
--- Key fingerprint = BC5E D8CB 816C 2CB5 8560  FDE3 6CB8 BF5D 8D50 F2EE