Subject: Re: usb flash reader
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/30/2002 01:31:27
On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 22:15:20 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > Is it possible to convince the kernel not to attach sdN that don't
> > have a flash card plugged in (sd0 and sd2 in this case), i.e. when
> > device reports that medium is not present?
>
> Dynamically, it's not possible without hacking the sources.
> In your kernel config file you can probably hardwire to only attach
> sd1 and sd3:
>
> scsibus0 at umass?
> sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 1
> sd1 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 3
> But it won't be confortable if you have more than one scsibus.

Yes, also:

1) if i insert say SecureDigital instead of MemoryStick (same slot) -
it will be different lun.

2) if I left one of the two slots empty, I'll get the same error for
the empty slot.

3) i do have more than one scsibus - e.g. my camera (via USB).
sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <Sony, Sony DSC, 3.22> SCSI0 0/direct removable

Thanks.

SY, Uwe