Subject: Re: microtime
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2002 17:28:40
overflowtext="",overflowoffset=0
date:component="Your message dated",formatfield=""
body:component=">",overflowtext=">",overflowoffset=0
In message <20020823003417.B2063@snowdrop.l8s.co.uk>David Laight writes

>Ok so we'll use general relativity instead.... anyone for tensor
>arithmetic?

No need. GPSes already make corrections for SR and, if dim memory
serves, for GR.

Remember, the time-dilation effect between westward and
eastward-flying jets circumnavigating the globe was noticeable in the
second half of last century.  Even LEO satellites are moving much
faster.  I dont have the magnitudes at instant recall; maybe one of
the ex-physicists does, and would care to comment?