Subject: Re: About CS4231 sound driver output control
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2002 22:42:52
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 01:15:29PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Will this have the same desired positive effect on the SPARCstation 5s which
> also use the cs4231/ad1848 combination?

Probably. IIRC the same #if 0 hack did that to my U5, my Krups and
Valeriys Mr. Coffee, so I suppose it's more or less universal.

> ...and is there any hope of getting tone control on this thing? :)

I have no clue about audio nor this chip, so I don't know if it's even
possible. Would be glad to hear if it is ;-)

FWIW, I experimented a bit and found that renaming monitor -> outputs breaks
"audioctl -w play.gain=X" (again). I now commited a slightly different version,
that allows you to turn off the internal (mono) speaker via

  mixerctl -w monitor.mono=off

Martin