Subject: Re: pci-cardbus bridge woes
To: None <jolan@cryptonomicon.org>
From: Masanori Kanaoka <kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/20/2002 07:08:41
Hi,

       From: Jolan Luff <jolan@cryptonomicon.org>
      Date : Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:11:35 -0400

$ So my guess is that the old VIA fix-up code is not working on my
$ newer BIOS, and is using an incorrect irq and causing the machine to
$ lock.  Do you concur with this?  Any other suggestions?

If you use -current and your host has ACPI,How about enabling ACPI.

Lennart Augustsson have committed ACPI_PCI_FIXUP code.
It may help for you.

You may need below:

acpi*   at mainbus?

acpiec* at acpi?
acpilid* at acpi?
acpibut* at acpi?
acpiacad* at acpi?

# Configure PCI using BIOS information
options         PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
options         PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
#options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
#options        PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
#options         PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS      # see pcibios(4)
#options         PCIINTR_DEBUG           # super-verbose PCI interrupt fixup

Note: It has already enabled ACPI_PCI_FIXUP in sys/dev/acpi/acpi.c.
Regards
---
 Masanori Kanaoka	kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp