Subject: AF_LOCAL, SOCK_STREAM and poll(2)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gobot.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/14/2002 10:30:46
Hi,

I recently noticed something which may or may not be of interest, about
not obtaining poll() POLLHUP or POLLERR event when a unix domain stream
client socket disconnects, using NetBSD 1.5.2 (I could not test the same
code on NetBSD 1.5.3 yet).

Is that expected behavior, and if so, how would I efficiently detect
disconnection events to close the fd and recycle the pollfd array entry
for it, as would be performed with the inet domain? Although that issue
mostly concerns userspace, kernel is responsible for handling poll()
events so I thought I would post here...

Thanks,
Matt