Subject: Re: pmap(9): pmap_zeropage, pmap_copypage
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/13/2002 23:47:55
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:03:42PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:

 > What happened to the proposal way back when to pass struct vm_page *
 > to pmap_zeropage and pmap_copypage?

It could be done for copypage now...

 > I could really use them in the mpc6xx pmap and it seems real
 > inefficient to call PHYS_TO_VM_PAGE when the caller already
 > has a struct vm_page *.

Yah.  The problem was that there are some callers that don't have
a vm_page *.  Those need to be accomodated somehow.  I'll try to
look into it this week, seeing has how it would shave cycles on
the ARM, and I'm doing ARM performance tweaking right now for my
Day Job :-)