Subject: Re: new sysctl - privilaged ports runtime option?
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/11/2002 13:57:56
what you can do though is remove the restriction on the ports, then use
systrace to restrict them.  this gives you the ablility to have sendmail,
etc. running as an unpriv user, but still allowed to bind to the proper
port(s).

(ex, only let root:wheel bind to port 22, but allow root:wheel and www:nopriv
bind to 80 and 443, etc.)

-joe