Subject: filesystem timezone
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/09/2002 09:43:05
	(maybe i'm assuming i386, but anyway)

	we're using GMT on RTC chip, as well as in-kernel clocks (struct timeval
	time and such) when we use NetBSD.  some filesystems (like flashmemory
	removed from digital camera) have file timestamps in different timezone
	(in my case, JST).  so when i mount it with mount_msdos, i will see
	file timestamps with 9 hours offset.  i would like to see correct
	timestamps.

	in what layer should we convert filesystem timezone?  it should be
	configurable, so i guess mount option makes the most sense.
	(pardon me if i'm asking a dumb question, i'm not a filesystem/vm guy)

itojun