Subject: Re: OHCI 1394 Question
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/08/2002 16:16:46
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net> writes:

> > I checked the pcidevs.h and the vendor and device IDs are in there.
> >
> > I used scanpci to look and see the info on the PCI bus and I get this...
> >
> > pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x0e function 0x00: vendor 0x104c device 0x8020
> >  Texas Instruments  Device unknown
> >

> > There are actually several unknowns reported, but this specific device
> > is listed in the pcidevs.h file.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
>
> looks there's no driver.

The fwohci driver, like the USB ohci and several other drivers,
doesn't match on PCI vendor/product ID, because there is a
standardized class/subclass/interface way for a device to announce
that it meets a particular programming specification. The contents of
pcidevs and pcidevs.h are not relevant to OHCI controllers.

        - Nathan