Subject: Re: new sysctl - privilaged ports runtime option?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/07/2002 11:57:36
i've added a check such that the sysctl fail with EOPNETSUPP when securelevel
is >0. i did this by simply checking the value of the integer securelevel.
is there a better way to check the securelevel value?  or just directly
referencing the value good enough?

also, to go along with the naming of the kernel option, i've changed the
sysctl name from reservedports to privports.  the functionality remains the
same (other than the securelevel check).  does that make sense?

--joe