Subject: Re: A clew to low NFS performance
To: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/05/2002 00:59:32
On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 02:37:27AM -0400, John Franklin wrote:
> On my NFS server, I recently updated to 1.6 BETA5.  Now my NFS
> performance feels like the Dow.  Apps hang when they need to access
> files (like Mozilla writing to cache or seti updating the state.sah.)

If you updated only your server, it's not an issue with read or
write sizes, since they are limited by the clients. However,
your server there is a pretty slow machine, so the changed
disk I/O behavior of UBC may be bad for it.

How do applications on the local disk perform?

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/