Subject: rfork(2)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cubical.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/31/2002 12:39:30
A pthread-library I'm using was written for FreeBSD, and uses the
rfork() call to create new thread. Adding an rfork() system call
was simple enough: just interpret the parameters and pass them
along to fork1().

Just a few nits I want clarification to:
First, clone() seems to be called __clone(). This probably has some
namespace implications, but I'm not 100% sure of what they are.

Second, what's an appropriate place for the rfork flags? clone
flags are located in sys/sched.h, as they are in linux. FreeBSD
hold rfork flags in sys/unistd.h.

thanks,
  antti

--
Antti Kantee                                      Cubical Solutions Ltd.
gsm  : +358 400 417 416                           http://www.cubical.fi/