Subject: tlp broken?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/2002 19:00:45
hi all,

i finally got around to porting my last remaining openbsd machine to netbsd.
however, sysinst cannot seem to download the binary sets.

if i use the most recent snapshot from releng.netbsd.org (20020727000), sysinst
cannot recieve a dhcp lease.  i get the following error (or something like it):
  ip length 331 differs from header length 335
  accepting udp packet with extra data

my dhcp server is running netbsd-current 1.5ZC (3/28/2002).  my workstation
(netbsd-current 1.6D, 7/26/2002, ex net driver) can recieve a lease, as can a
windoze xp machine.

if i use the 20020518-1.5ZC snapshot from ftp.iastate.edu, sysinst and dhclient
can recieve a dhcp lease, but the ftp connection times out after logging in,
before starting the first download.  again, i can ftp all the files from
ftp.iastate.edu using my workstation without problem or timeout.

also, i had this same problem with my firewall when i booted a 1.6D kernel to
test the gsip driver.  replacing the tlp card with an ex card solved the
problem.

suggestions, comments, fixes?

--joe