Subject: Re: Patch ready for testing (was Re: SiS 7012 audio)
To: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/25/2002 06:43:40
Le Thu, 25 Jul 2002 02:04:23 +0200
Michael Core a écrit :
> netbsd@quatriemek.com (Quentin Garnier) wrote:
>
> > The following patches (relatives to src/sys/dev/pci) seem to make this
> > thing work. I'd be happy to have some feedback about it.
> >
> > At least, I've been able to play fine different files (both 48 kHz and
> > 44.1 kHz, with mpg123 and with audioplay(1)).
>
> Me, too. Your patches work well.

Thanks for testing them.

I noted issues on my hardware :

1. I can't make line input work. What gets through the line input never
ends up into the output line, although I know this work very well with an
Intel chip.

2. I submitted a PR for what I thought was a bug. Although it doesn't seem
to change playing on the Intel chips I tested, it makes the SiS chip play
too fast 44100 audio. See PR/17604.

Since I haven't a CD-ROM drive to link to the chip, and line doesn't seem
to work, I couldn't test recording audio.

Anyway, I'll submit a PR, since it makes pcm output work, which is what
most people want to use first.

cube

--
That's how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything
for the swim back.