Subject: Re: NFS problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/20/2002 01:09:39
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:49:22PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hum, maybe your switch doesn't have enouth memory to buffer the NFS
> bursts with 32k reads (this will be something like 22 or 23 packets),
> when the next hop isn't at 100Mbs ?

It's a 16-port switch with an 8K-entry MAC cache and a 512 KB packet
buffer.  Shouldn't have any problems routing the packets between any
two machines in my home network. ;-)

Besides, as far as I can tell, the problems started when I started
upgrading the client systems from something like 1.5W to 1.6beta or
so.  No hardware or network changes were made.

  -jm