Subject: Re: hardware clock 'corrupted' by ddb (and possibly other things)
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/11/2002 22:40:13
--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:14:54AM +0100, David Laight wrote:
>=20
> If sub-second synchronisation is (apparantly) required for builds
> using NFS, then maybe NFS ought to be fixed to stop it comparing
> client and server times (directory cache code).
> OTOH I've always found that NFS build are only problematical when
> the times deviate by tens of seconds.

Lex Wennmacher told me that he experimented and found that nearly never
does NFS really get confused about server-client time differences, the
expception being non-file targets. However, I don't recall whether he
mentioned more than one client with differing clocks.

Regards,
	-is
--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/