Subject: Re: Prototype for libc-provided signal trampolines
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/04/2002 16:20:48
On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 03:10:14PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

 > Here are the rules of the new interface:

I've now made all of the necessary changes for all of NetBSD's
currently-supported platforms.  I am going to commit the kernel
changes now, to ride the 1.6C kernel version bump made yesterday.

The kernel changes are effectively a noop until I commit the libc
changes, so there should be no problems over the weekend.

I expect to make a few small changes to the ns32k signal trampoline
to do a direct-invoke of the signal handler (like the i386, m68k,
and others now do) before I enable the changes in libc.  Simon Burge
is working on those changes.

I am going to be away this weekend, but I might be checking my mail
from time to time.  If there is a problem, please send a PR and be
patient with me :-)

The kernel and libc patches are at:

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/thorpej/sigtramp-kern-diffs
    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/thorpej/sigtramp-libc-diffs

I have been running with these changes on an alpha since I initially
posted them.  I have compile-tested the other kernels, and don't expect
any problems, since the changes are basically mechanical.