Subject: Re: My TODO list for nathanw_sa integration
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2002 21:23:47
Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> RT signals aren't different from ordinary SA_SIGINFO signals once you
> get to the point of the delivery trampoline. The differences are in
> how the application requests them, that the kernel queues them, and
> that there are some ordering constraints on delivery. I don't think
> additional entry points will be necessary.

Actually, even this isn't quite accurate.

'RT signals' and 'SA_SIGINFO sinals' are the same thing. Once you request
SA_SIGINFO, the signal is queued. There is no way in POSIX.4 to request
queuing behaviour without having SA_SIGINFO-type info delivered.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html