Subject: Re: Supporting sector size != DEV_BSIZE on lfs
To: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/19/2002 15:36:42
At 02:44 PM 6/19/2002 -0700, Konrad Schroder wrote:
>	lfs_blktodb converts between bsize and d_secsize;
>	lfs_fbshift converts between bsize and fsize;
>	lfs_fsbtodb converts between fsb and d_secsize.
>
>"fsb" is the unit that ufs_daddr_ts count; in v1 it is sectors, in v2
>it is fragments; so on LFSv2 filesystems it doesn't do anything but on v1
>it does.

Wait... I just plugged this in:

sectors     blocks     frags-or-sectors
blocks      frags          sectors

So you're saying that in v1, lfs_fsbtodb is zero; while in v2, lfs_fsbtodb
== lfs_blktodb - lfs_fbshift.  So the whole purpose of fragstofsb() is to
cancel out the effect of (lfs_blktodb - lfs_fbshift)?  Can I put that in a
code comment?

Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown