Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2002 14:34:35
[ On Tuesday, June 18, 2002 at 15:37:18 (+0200), David Ferlier wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
>
> Really i don't see the real interest of that

I think I've almost always implicitly expressed intrest in
line-at-a-time scrolling by giving examples of keystrokes commonly used
to move the cursor by a single-line in various editors, less, more, etc.

> cause you will be able
> to set the number of lines to scroll back/down like that:
>
> wsconsctl -dw scroll.lines=10

not if my disk is fried and I'm trying to go back to find the error!  :-)

> I didn't say your idea wasn't good, but if we should implement all the
> things we are thinking of

There's certainly no need to have all the suggested features working
100% perfectly at the beginning -- it's just important that the
framework be designed with their eventual implementation in mind.  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods