Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2002 23:18:32
On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 02:13:42AM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

> and in single user mode, where your filesystem may be corrupt, amongst
> other things which prevent it from running ?

And if it is an option you need not use it at all.  The feature is a
popular one, we have, by my counting, 3 offers to put this feature
in.  The other two were battered down by a few who did not care for
it.  If you don't like the option then don't configure it, I certainly
can see good reasons for having console scrollback in the kernel.

--
Brett Lymn