Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/16/2002 15:35:22
Ok here's the situation.
TAKEMURA Shin asked me if i was going to implement the scroll function as a command, and he was completely right.

I finished doing it this way, this means that you can have something like this in your keyboard map :

keycode 208 = Cmd_ScrollDown Down

The key corresponding to the keycode 208 will produce the regular Down keysym if Shift is not maintained, or will scroll down either.

It couldn't work better, but do we need to pay attention to people who want another modifier than Shift to scroll ? This is definitely not a problem, but should we add a wsconsctl again for that, besides the one for the selected mode ?

The mode selection is also ok. You press Hold Screen, and as soon as you hit the key corresponding to the keysym Cmd_ScrollUp/Down, it scrolls.

Another thing, i 'm quite sure of the answer, but i can still ask. Say we are in mode hold screen, all keys typed go in a buffer, and this buffer is drawn when going back when you hit hold screen again. Let's say the Cmd_ScrollUp command is put on the Prior key (Pgup on a keyboard who has it). Each time he hits the key activating the scroll command, do we want to prevent the keycode from going through the rest of the wskbd_translate function ?

( if nobody understood, sorry but it's hard to explain something technical (or not ;-) in another language than french ;-)

And again another thing, should we allow multiple modifiers ?

--

Run NetBSD    - www.NetBSD.org
David Ferlier - krp@freeshell.org