Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/14/2002 12:30:47
All you suggested is perfect, many thanks for taking time to answer.

So, a kernel option will enable/disable the use of scrolling. If it is set, a wsconsctl flag will be set to zero or 1 to designate the wanted mode (zero -> combos, 1 -> hold screen, 0 by default ;-).

And then what would be cool is to allow the user to specify via wsconsctl as many modifiers as he wants for mode 1, like modifier 1 = alt, modifier 2 = ctrl. So people wanting complex combos won't be stuck ;-). And naturally the last wsconsctl variable, the key which will work in mode 1 and 0 (let's make them common, so when someone wants to go from mode 0 to mode 1, he will be able to keep the keys he used before)

Thanks Brett. Hope your proposal is the last one of this thread ;-)

--

Run NetBSD    - www.NetBSD.org
David Ferlier - krp@freeshell.org