Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/14/2002 01:59:56
On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 04:49:07PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:

> I would suggest you do the following, as long as they are not too
> difficult:
>
> 1) make the scrollback optional so that people who want to whine about
> kernel bloat can option it out.
> 2) Support both styles (holdscreen and or special key combos)
> selectable by an option (either flag or kernel option)
> 3) make the keys that perform the action configurable but set a
> reasonable default that will cover the bulk the keyboards out
> there... acknowledge that this will piss some people off but you WILL
> NOT be able to satisfy everyone.

I like it. :-)
I would ask that, if possible, we also allow changing the keystroke via
a kernel option as well as via wscons config utilities.  So you can have
the same behavior even in single-user.  It is by no means required for
me, it would just be convenient.

Also, a big thank you to the author for the code. :)

-Andrew