Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Thorpe <gat7634@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2002 20:54:54
I think scroll functionality should be put in wscons and let each port/arch
maintainers decide what keys it uses to as appropriate. I would think they
would know what the best keys/scan codes to use. I think just letting the
capability exist will be enough.

Linux uses Shift+Pgkey, FreeBSd uses scroll lock: Shitf+Pgkey requires you
to HOLD a key down to scroll but is faster to use (and consistent with
xterm); Scroll lock is slower, but no holding involved (usefule when you
have to scroll back and forth over many lines). Is it possible to do both?