Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2002 19:03:38
[ On Thursday, June 13, 2002 at 09:34:33 (-0400), gabriel rosenkoetter wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
>
> Please don't remove the shifted version of this. (It's far more
> logical to me for this to function as it does in an xterm; not that
> it shouldn't also function in other ways.)

Interesting.... which xterm do you have?  Mine doesn't do that.  Indeed
I can't find any key sequence which will cause xterm to scroll (xterm
and Xserver from year-old xsrc, on sparc with type-4 keyboard).  I see
reference to the 'scroll-back()' and 'scroll-forw()' actions in the
manual page, and I see the following "default bindings" listed in the
manual page,

                     Shift <KeyPress> Prior:scroll-back(1,halfpage) \n\
                      Shift <KeyPress> Next:scroll-forw(1,halfpage) \n\

but I have no idea what keys on my keyboard return the "Prior" and
"Next" keycodes and it doesn't seem to be the "PgUp" and "PgDn" keys.

AH!  But on the other hand this feature does seem to work with the same
'xterm' program on my NCD HMX with the "Prev" and "Next" keys on the
N-108LK keyboard.  I don't know that I've ever tried them before though!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods