Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2002 18:46:51
--DO5DiztRLs659m5i

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 03:06:07PM -0700, Trevin Beattie wrote:
> Take a look at http://graduate.gradsch.uga.edu/archive/Brochure13.jpg; as=
> recall, my NeXT keyboard looks just like that.  It has the arrow keys,
> volume, brightness, and power keys sitting between the alphanumeric layout
> and the numeric keypad.  Nothing more.

Right, right, they're volume, not page up/down (which I see now,
being as I'm home and the NeXT keyboard's a few feet away).

> FWIW, I agree that PgUp/PgDown should be useful as such on systems that
> have them; and on systems that don't, another key combination can be chos=
en
> (in this case, maybe Command- or Alt- Up/Down; I don't know if NeXTSTEP h=
as
> a standard keyboard shortcut for paging).

alt-{w,backspace}/space would go with how less and friends work
(though deciding which of w and backspace to use for up would be a
political argument I want no part of).

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net