Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2002 19:05:57
On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:34:33AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:33:27PM +0200, David Ferlier wrote:
> > ok i am doing the scroll lock stuff right now.
> > And i will rename wsscroll, you're right.
>
> Please don't remove the shifted version of this. (It's far more
> logical to me for this to function as it does in an xterm; not that
> it shouldn't also function in other ways.)
>
> Also, to satisfy the "we don't have a page up/down" folks, you might
> consider reading specific escape codes (that will work platform
> independently to perform scrolling). Folks could then use
> wsconsctl(8) to map these wherever they liked.

Ok, so everybody want two ways of scrolling ?

I like both, but the hold screen + Pgup/down needs some more hacks cause once you holded the screen, you need to verify that wskbd_translate won't send two times the PgUp/down keycodes. That's not a problem, but it would be reasonable to chose only one method to scroll (anyone will suit).

--

Run NetBSD    - www.NetBSD.org
David Ferlier - krp@freeshell.org