Subject: Re: unified buffers and responsibility
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/12/2002 13:31:41
Okay, stupid sysadmin-type-that-failed-kernel-hacking-101 question:

If you do a dd from a raw disk and output to either a raw disk or some other
suitable device (such as /dev/null), don't you bypass the buffer cache?

[looking below, I know that's not what he's asking about, but I'm curious
 nonetheless, as I don't know the answer.]