Subject: The ACPI EXTRA driver for LibrettoL3(Was Re: How to get Press Fn key?)
To: None <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Masanori Kanaoka <kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/2002 23:18:14
Hi,

       From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
    Subject: Re: How to get Press Fn key?
      Date : Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:49:28 +0900 (JST)

$ As well, this driver will probably work on other newer Toshiba
$ laptops that use ACPI as well. Even if it doesn't, if the driver
$ is committed, others have a place to start from.

I would agree to share the ACPI EXTRA driver.

The ACPI Toshiba specail Method(\\_SB_.VALD.GHCI) can control
some devices(such as LCD, FAN, Video, hotkey Fn+F?).

I get these tips from next URL:
    http://www.buzzard.org.uk/toshiba/docs.html
    http://memebeam.org/toys/ToshibaAcpiDriver

Thanks for your efforts to John Belmonte <jvb@prairienet.org>,
and Jonathon Buzzard <jonathan@buzzard.org.uk>.

I made the ACPI EXTRA driver (acpivald) for My Libretto L3.
It works fine for me.

If you have a Libretto-L-series,it may work.

I put my patch to Next URL:
    http://www.ann.hi-ho.ne.jp/~kanaoka/libretto-20020611.diff.gz

It consists of below:
 - Show SCI interrupt information.
 - Change status check in acpi_build_tree() for attaching acpivald.
 - acpi_s5.diff was made by Takayoshi Kouchi <t-kouchi@mud.biglobe.ne.jp>.
 - Hack AcpiEnterSleepState() for Libretto L3.
 - Force irq 9 to set level for Acpi SCI with PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP.
 - ACPI VALD driver.(acpi_vald.c, files.acpi)
     o Toggle CRT/LCD,when pressing Fn+F5.
     o Control LCD brightness, when pressing Fn+F6, Fn+F7.
     o Toggle FAN on/off, when pressing Fn+F8.
     o Toggle poll time(hz/5, 5*hz),when pressing Fn+F9.

        - This driver is using some ACPI Methods such as
	"GHCI", "_BCL", "_BCM","DSSX" and "_PSR".

	- This driver is using poll for checking hotkey event.
	default time is 5*hz.(key response is too slow.)

How to use it:
  1. Apply this patch.
        # cd /usr/src
        # gunzip /some/where/libretto-20020611.diff.gz | patch

  2. Put next lines in your config file.
        acpi* at mainbus?
        acpivald* at acpi?

  3. make kernel.