Subject: Re: FFS reliability problems
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/10/2002 10:22:24
Der Mouse already has such a patch.

Please note the context of the word "trivial", i.e. "in comparison to
the code already there."  From what I can divine from my admittedly
limited knowledge, all it requires (from a pseudo-code point of view)
is changing from:

	if (i->refcount > 0) {
		reconnect(i);
		adjust_link_count(i);
	}

	if ((refcount > 0) || zflag) {
		reconnect(i);
		adjust_link_count(i);
	}

Unless I'm really missing the boat on this one; I think I'm close enough
to at least smack my face on its gunwales as I leap haplessly from the
pier...

In NO WAY am I trying to dismiss the complexity of the code; perhaps
"trivial" and "context" don't mix.  Sorry if I'm out of line on this.