Subject: Re: FFS reliability problems
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2002 09:30:08
--PHCdUe6m4AxPMzOu

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:51:16PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Did you notice my other message, wherein I mention that I've got
> patches to fsck_ffs to do that?  Optionally, at present, but of course
> that's easy to change.

I did, and I appreciate that they exist (and I was by no means
yelling at you :^>); I just wanted to lend support to "yes, this
is actually useful, and yes, NetBSD users would actually like to
see it in the trunk". I just thought I'd toss my own "wish I could
get unlinked files back" situation out there. (Actually, in my case
with VXFS, unmounting the file system would have lost me my data...
does our unmount(2) clear things as well?)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--PHCdUe6m4AxPMzOu