Subject: Re: config(8) enhancements
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Jed Davis <jldavis+netbsdlist@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2002 16:57:53
"Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@crufty.net> writes:

> In case it isn't obvious, Luke's changes allow:
>
> $ cat MYCONFIG
>
> include "arch/sparc/conf/GENERIC"
>
> no options FU
> no options BAR
> $
>
> alternatively you need to copy GENERIC and edit it everytime you update.
> The above is superior.
> If/when the device stuff - esp with the enhancements that der Mouse mentioned
> it will rock!

Agreed; I live in contant paranoid fear of missing some change in
GENERIC that my (local) kernel config file should have picked up; the
ability to say e.g. "GENERIC, but without pci, ide, etc." would be
greatly appreciated.

Well, OK, maybe not "constant".  Just whenever I build a kernel. (-:

--Jed

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- ## "But life wasn't yes-no, on-off.  Life was shades of gray,
sub f{(($n,$d,@_)=@_)?(substr(## and rainbows not in the order of the spectrum."